Pages

Wednesday, 18 January 2012

My Daddy The Photographer

January of 1991, red cheeks, green sweater and a runny nose, i smiled at the camera with all my tooth along with 15 other neighbor's kid and daddy clicked. I still have many photos of my 5th Birthday party from that year.. just like i have many birthday pix of all the years since i was born. Those are some precious memories that were forever embedded in a piece of paper.

The sad part is, my dad wasn't present in any of my childhood photos. My daddy was the photographer and he always do the clicking. He would buy a reel without fail every year in every birthday of his 3 daughters and 1 gem of a son. And he clicked and clicked while we smiled and smiled. There wasn't any digital camera then, so each frame was counted. If only i could rewind time, clicking daddy's pic will be definitely on top of my list.




This is all in the past now mom and dad are filled in our cameras and wallpapers and mobiles. So, no sob story anymore. I saw some old photo album last night and it made me miss my dad. Then i look into the mirror and saw that I've grown both vertically and horizontally, looking more like my mummy. Time flies. Yes. Time flies.

To all the parents who like photography out there, it's all sunshine and smiles right now but you might regret it later. So be in the picture now and then. Heed my advice, I'm wise :D

12 comments:

  1. Hey Hey who acting the mummy here? A nice read again :) Check the footer links there in my blog Random Writings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What to do, i got the mom's look :P BTW, are you advertising your blog here?? hehehe

      Delete
    2. kinda! Featuring each other's blog isn't that bad. Is it?

      Delete
    3. Totally cool..! should do this more often :D

      Delete
  2. You must be rich.. you own a Cam in 1991 in Manipur.. sadly I hardly have any photos of a small me!! :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did i skipped the part where it was dad's own fault that he isn't in the picz? He doesn't allow us to touch his precious camera AT ALL. He almost worshiped them. LOLz. (hope he doesn't read this) and no we were not rich. dad just liked photography so he bought one :P

      Delete
  3. No chance for a re-take like nowadays . haha =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so that's why u look so ugly in ur childhood pix little bro.. haha seriously. nowadays we click till we get d perfect profile picture

      Delete
  4. " I've grown both vertically and horizontally " haha...eche se masana pang sida sidhei hey...Wish my dad would hv liked photography. Beautifully knitted words. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe.. Thankyou. and i have grown both sides #fact

      Delete
  5. really touching and i might steal it to make lots of money ¦D.
    5/5 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol.. pliz do. I give u all copyrights to steal any story u want. (i'm so good)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment. I always reply ;)