Pages

Friday, 3 February 2012

10 years from Now

"Bloody hell, WHERE'S MY SOCKS, MAA!!" Fred shouted.
"MOM ! FRED IS SWEARING AGAIN !!" George shouted too.

I was preparing a french toast in the kitchen and my two twin sons which i named after Harry Potter's book was late for their classes.
"Pepe, where's my car key" The Husband asked.
I rolled my eyes. My boys never find their own things!

30min later and the house was silent. I was left to myself and my stories. I opened my email and automatically smile at the fan mails. I always read them all. I need them.

Being a best selling author for 5 books consecutively does have its perks. Everyday someone or the other will remember you and that feels good. Being a mother and a wife is a great thing but sometimes we need something else. Something that can be called my very own.


The phone rang and disturbed my musing. Lazily i walked towards it to answer.

"Hello che C, i think mom liked her..!  ", my brother Nairobi said excitedly.

In my mind i can see his face, grinning from ear to ear. He just introduced his Russian girlfriend to Mom and Dad. He was quite nervous about it last night but it sounded like it all went just fine. His girlfriend is also a doctor like him. They met in a conference 3 years back and had been going steady ever since.

"See. What did i tell ya? So, mom finally showed off her English speaking skills eh?" i asked and chuckled.

We chatted for about half an hour. I was very happy and very proud of him. But still in shock every time that my little brother is all grown up now.

As i kept the phone my thoughts automatically went to my two evil sisters who were also my Besties. I called them both and put them in conference. Wreck just got married to a business tycoon. And she is more into fashion these days. Florida got a lovely daughter and is happily married to a Singer. Time flies i thought.

We talked about Mom and Dad who are now touring the world. They're enjoying the rich cultural heritage of Russia for now and will be moving to Egypt the next week. I could imagine Dad taking pictures of Mom at each monuments.

Sometime i feel like i should retire soon too and travel more. But the boys and their various extra curricular activities kept me occupied. The twin is into music these days and wants to be a rockstar someday. Their so called uncles and aunties have fed them with crazy thoughts and ideas and the only way to tackle this is to help them pursue their dreams.

I now sit at the sofa with a cup of green tea. I try to reflect on my life and all that had come to pass. And I decided that i was living a happy life :)





Author's note :    A bit premature to write my own future when nothing in this world is predictable. But it so happened that i ran out of topics and one of my colleagues Binu John, a jolly good fellow, had this brilliant suggestion : "try with the future this time"  :) As awkward as it is to think of my marriage, i started to write and i went 10 years forward to this fantasy future \m/

24 comments:

  1. One word : AWABI

    ReplyDelete
  2. thina waye....o gae touwe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha.. Anonymous kaina.. marrying a singer is your dream no?? hahaha

      Delete
  3. ahahahaha, lmao.... xD xD can't stop laughing, shud i comment further...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the other two almost rofl at my "best seller" part it seems.. hehehe.. posh di taabane heh :P

      Delete
  4. funny u never mentioned the husband's name :P
    nice article though..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is variable X. just kidding! hahaha

      Delete
  5. masidi keinom keinom tou-e hai :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. lolz.. It is funnier if you know the characters in real life

      Delete
  7. this is gr8..u should have add one of your best seller been made into blockbuster hehe. Eidi wari amasu fangle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thismade me LOL... :D. Enjoyed every bit of this

    ReplyDelete
  9. best sellers.. writer... fans... Ooh la la.. too much! but not that it isn't possible gracy.. adventurous imagination i say.. loved ol of this ;)keep writing n sharing with us dudette!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teeheehee.. I got carried away.. Things like that happen when dude like us think about the future.. :P

      Delete
  10. haha..this was really nice..i do hope the imagination in this post does turn into reality 10years from now:)or maybe sooner:)thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a really nice hope! hehehe.. thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. hahaha............this was really fun reading....... !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing..and ya..wud say...inspirational....the way u hv seen ur future clearly....coz if u wud ask to write anyone about their future or obituaries tht they wud want to be,,most wud be confused & dumbfounded.....
    Keep writing Della!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Anonymous!! How i wish you guys could leave your name too.. So that i can know who's bestowing such amazing comment to me :D

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I always reply ;)