Pages

Monday, 13 February 2012

Facebook can lead to Depression


I am a Good person ( that’s what i tell myself everyday to sleep better at night ).  And i Love my friends ( that’s what i tell God so that he will bless me more ).


But all these are not applicable when my friends start posting super happy pictures from all around the globe!

For instance, while facebooking a few days back  i saw a picture which was taken inside the ocean. This female was scuba diving at Malaysia with her husband on her honeymoon(quite filmy).  Another friend at facebook posted a shot of himself enjoying the wind at The Grand Canyon. Then there's other friends showing their 32 teeth at Egypt, some at Paris, some playing with snow and some at Times Square.

And there i was staring at all those pictures without blinking, feeling so insignificant and totally convinced that i will eventually die alone in my small room. Yes! Facebook is evil !! Facebook can lead to Depression!!


Negative energy flowing out to you too eh? Good.. Mission Accomplish! :P No? Did u smile though? No? Are you Manmohan Singh?




But whatever it is, i'm really grateful to facebook for connecting me and my old friends. That's one perk i won't trade. Well Orkut connected too but it was not blue :)

8 comments:

  1. Facebook is addictive...no doubt...a virtual world shaped in every way we want....who cares how we are in our real world...atleast I deserve to be this perfect person in my virtual world!! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well said ! hoping others too think my life is perfect and feel envious! hehehe

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha I love the Manmohan part. As far as the pictures shot elsewhere in the world, I don't care for I'm not even halfway to my life. Hopes keep me alive. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that it? Just this "good for you"? Get inspired girl. :D

      Delete
    2. haha! yes i am very inspired ! in fact i often get inspired by small silly ideas that i often write what others must be feeling...including this post... (the real me feel very less) :P

      Delete
  3. Pretty well said in short way.. it is a kind of addiction..
    I deactivated bcoz of it :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lolz.. you did? I too deactivated it once for about 2 months. But i started tweeting and got addicted to twitter. So i activate it back :P

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment. I always reply ;)