Pages

Sunday, 26 February 2012

His Sweet Confession


Warning : This post is super cheesy and highly personal. But me being me i’m still gonna post it! :P

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------


I looked at the night sky but couldn’t see anything. The clouds blocking the full moon yet a faint light lingers around escaping from the cotton cloud.

“I see... ah ha.. okay”  i said now and then to my friend on the other line. He decided to call me in the middle of the night to share his break-up woes.

I was at the terrace to attend his call since i don’t want to disturb the other girls. That night we had a small party and a whole bunch of us were crashing at a friend’s place.

But my thoughts were far from the conversation i was in. My eyes going back and forth to this guy in Black-Cap who sat there smoking with the wind. He was one of my closest friend. And it was just coincidence that even he decided to come up the terrace for a smoke.

I talked for another half an hour on phone. I think i finally convinced the other end of the line that his love life will resume in near future or did i told him to forget the bitch and move on? I don’t remember really. So after i hung up i was with Black-Cap feeling extremely happy to have another together moment with him.

It must have been obvious that i had developed a small crush towards him recently. I lightened up whenever he was around. He was capable of making me laugh like no one else could. He was easy to be around and i was myself when i was with him.

If i was a good girl, i would have gone back inside and sleep. But i liked being with him. And i always do what i like. So we sat and talked and laughed. I don’t know how much time passed by. It was not relevant anymore.

The wind finally won the fight with the clouds. They cleared up. And i saw stars jumping out one after the other. Even the moon started to peep out and it was orange, almost red. I always remember the look of the moon that night.
We both stand up involuntarily as if in respect to the magnificent view of the red moon. I explained to him that this is a rare phenomenon, much rarer than a blue moon. He held my hand and said “Some things in life are meant to be missed”

I guess i was influenced by the settings, i taught him a slow dance. He was clumsy and cute. And we laughed like hell. So we danced in the moonlight forgetting everything else. And i say it was one of the most beautiful moment of my life.

The whole place lit up with the soft rays from the moon and the stars. I felt like the Gods aligned the universe to give me that one perfect moment and i wish it would never end.

I looked at his eyes and i knew he loved me. It was as simple as that. I knew. Yes, I knew before he confessed that night.

My heart beating wildly when he said I was everything that he ever dreamt of. And that I’m his definition of a perfect girl. He said he had loved me for a long time and many other cheesy romantic shits which seemed very wonderful at that time.


 Two weeks later we became a couple. It has been 6 years now and we are still together. And whenever i revisit that night in my dreams i fell in love all over again J


32 comments:

  1. ahmm.. ahehemm.. AHHEMEMMMMMM... something's wrong with my throat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While reading the third para, I thought that guy's gonna kill you just like the husband killed his wife while returning back home on your short story.. hehe :P

      Delete
    2. lolz.. how rude! pssstt.. i can't be killed with a knife!

      Delete
  2. That is so beautiful Gracy!!! :) Ha! I simply love it!! I could vividly imagine every piece of info you gave in your storyline. And honestly,brings back happy memories for me too! I love nights when we can be with the ONE we so so love. There's no other better feeling than that ..feeling of suspense, feeling of amazing togetherness..sigh! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! :D and i agree, these moments, these secret nights make our life interesting .. not so secret anymore now.. haha

      Delete
  3. awww.... so beautiful..so magical..love it !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... Written very nicely and so romantic(ly)... I remembered that night Gracy... we were there inside the house.... Wow, it does.nt seemed that much long... Remembering all those things again: your behaviour after that night, him visiting our hostel, etc etc...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha.. and remember how i dragged you with me to go back to our hostel very early in the morning?

      Delete
  5. Amazingly written....it happened when we were in college :). I fell in love with the story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Romantic post huh :D :D
    good luck ahead.. be together, Big man wishes you :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well written Della....fell in love with ur story!! Grt going gal!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so sweet of you! thanks a ton Valentina!

      Delete
  8. I hardly reads personal stories so I cudnt read this post because of red WARNING :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lolz.. somehow i don't trust you right now :P

      Delete
    2. hahaha this is called cheating :P

      Delete
  9. Tht was just....greaatt!! Della....
    Ur words tht u hv described...makes me WISH...."If I were tht guy, I wud hv been one of the luckiest guys in the world :)"
    Keep writing Dear Della!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lolz.. i'm flattered. it's funny whoever you are posted as anonymous! scared of the guy in Black Cap?

      Delete
  10. wow nice nice..wish u n ur gym going boy dance like that forever. my prayer for you two :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe.. pray that we do tango next time.. i always wanted to learn that :P

      Delete
    2. if u both are home at same time I will teach u contact improvisation dance :)

      Delete
    3. haha.. i don't want to twist any muscles doing that scary routine :P

      Delete
    4. nothing like tat u both will enjoy..trust ur fat buddy tat's me :0

      Delete
    5. awesome.. and how will u teach? tweet me :P

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment. I always reply ;)