Pages

Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Math equals Writing


Mathematics and writing stories are almost the same. That’s what i learnt in the last few weeks of typing this garbage of mine. Math deals with numbers while writing deals with letters and punctuations. Before you labelled me crazy read my explanation.

You see a mathematical problem. You think you can solve it. But you can never know for sure unless you start scribbling down the numbers and solved it one line at a time. Writing a story is the same. You see an idea. But you can never know how it will turn out unless you produce the word one line at a time.

You need to let the story develop. The characters started having a life of their own. And you feel like you are just a medium for them to come out to this world. Or maybe that was only me while writing “The Tale of the Lady in Black”. And you must be thinking i’m acting all high and mighty by just writing one short story. Well if you are thinking that then F U ! :P

And now, please allow me to bore you more.

Well today’s the end of Feb. And with it end my promise to blog everyday in my last month's post “Boring Garbage's History (with dates)”. I did it! Can’t believe it!! but i really wrote everyday for more than a month. And the funny part is, I thoroughly enjoyed it!

I learned a lot of new things, made many new amazing blogger friends. I actually felt like i'm a writer. I know I know, blogging can't be called a serious writing but it was an approach on being a writer. A small step. Nevertheless a step right?


I also noticed that every artist needs motivation. Be it from your mom, dad, sister, lover, friend or in my case the commentators of my blog. I feel encouraged whenever someone commented something cool, something good. I feel a new sense of energy and there was times when i even jumped and laughed like manaic. Hehe. I guess.. We all have a little bit of hunger for appreciations. Call me needy, I'm like this.

So i dedicate this post to all the sweet people who managed to survive my garbage inspite of the stench! :P


29th Feb. This leap year day will be remembered for more than one reason. :D




This ends a short journey


34 comments:

  1. you really did a great job to maintain ur blog attendance without a single absent

    when I used to write an article every saturday for IREIBAK 8 years back I really have to work hard to find my story line but u did it very nicely in-spite of ur v bg schedule n I enjoy reading ur blog for last 20 days n so....
    to be frank I always wait for ur blog ......
    you are one of ma fav writer GRACY :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Deb Bhai. you used to write articles? very impressive! i will be too scared to write anything when it comes to serious stuff like that.

      and you waited for my post? awwwww... that's the sweetest comment ever! hehehe..

      Delete
    2. ya its really tough to maintain an article every week as a growing columlist, but because of some problems I could not continue writing..... but I will love to reserve a column for a newspaper if I got chance to live permanently in Imphal

      waiting for another thriller n stories in March :)

      Delete
    3. All the best for that. with your creativity and talent of forming perfect manipuri words, i'm sure you will do great!

      and thriller story? hehehe.. lets see..

      Delete
    4. thanks once again (eikhoi masen amana ama dum thagatnaraga thanks dum hainaba haiduni....)

      Delete
  2. Comparing maths with writing :D
    great work...
    really you made it perfectly...
    good one...

    12345678910 = good post :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Killer.. you were a great inspiration boy! hehe.. thanks!

      Delete
  3. Della! I'm honored again :D
    Here goes my celebrity wave, again :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lil' writer you're looking elegant with your celebrity wave.. don't forget to hold your smile too :D

      Delete
  4. Well, we have word count (expressed as numbers). We rate writing usually from 1 - 5 stars (also numbers). We judge ourselves by page views and numbers of items sold and by number of comments and numbers of reviews.

    Oh my...math is everywhere.

    I have no choice but to proclaim you right in every way. Astute post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe.. you just expanded the horizon. yes numbers.. they followed us everywhere.. creepy things they are :P

      Delete
    2. My aim each day is double up the number of visits each day if not the comments :D
      Numbers, they've haunted our lives. I wake up, log in and check the number (number again) of visits the last day and the same happens the next day and the next too :D

      Delete
    3. Hell! How do I deal with there typos of mine?

      Delete
    4. haha.. everyone make typos. i made a lot of them while tweeting.. and yes numbers related to blog are very tempting. i watched them often too :D

      Delete
    5. and lil' writer.. try indiblogger.in since u wanna increase some numbers :D you're welcome :P

      Delete
    6. My account was suspended so I need to wait for approval all over again :D

      Delete
  5. I never really liked maths...and for now Im caught up with statistics again...with all the tossing coins, picking cards, coloured balls...blah, blah, blah....but u compared well with writing....hahahhaa...never thought that way.

    As always u did it again Dell...u're an encouragement for ur commentators as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh.. you are so sweet. let's encourage each other till "writer's block" do us apart.. hehe

      Delete
  6. math equals writing; nice logic. enjoyed the read. ll come back and read that short story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes do come back, i will hold on to that! :D

      Delete
  7. LOL! Della :) That was just so sweet! Your blog is NOT garbage.But I think once a fellow blogger should tap the talent in your blog ,else its not going to ooze out more!! So keep coming in touch with those who help keep tapping your talents and may you become a great writer!! I'll promote you ;) Then I'll be a writer too and you can promote me too LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes.. let's promote each other to victory.. will be fun if we could both write a novel and become renowned writer.. (now i'm flying too far away from the orbit.. haha)

      and yeah i always read your blog. and will continue to do so :D

      Delete
  8. now jump and laugh like a maniac.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lolz.. that applies for "AWESOME" comments only :P

      Delete
  9. enjoyed reading it!!.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. yaaroi yaaroi,,,sungya yaaroi..."THE END" kaina...pende Gracy...plz come back!!:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha.. i will post but will reduce the frequency :D .. hekta "The End" tou yapotde keisu

      Delete
  11. This time..you got no problem with the attendance.. You won't have to pay extra money to mend up.....like u did before... :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO.. i have no idea what you are talking about :P

      Delete
  12. Appreciate the reсommendаtion. Let me try it out.


    My web-sіte; reputation management

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ι thіnk this iѕ one of the mоst ѕіgnificаnt іnfoгmаtion for me.
    And i'm glad reading your article. But should remark on few general things, The site style is great, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers

    my page - lloyd irvin

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I always reply ;)